Working to a challenging set of targets and KPI’s, to engage and work with customers with drug and alcohol dependency aged 25+ to build independent learning skills, employability skills, resilience and potential to achieve sustainable employment outcomes, transforming their lives for the better. You will enable the customer to enter the employment market, undertaking effective job matching activities resulting in job outcomes and identifying sustainable employment opportunities for customers. You will ensure high levels of customer service are maintained through follow up contact with employers, customers and other involved parties whilst seeking to identify areas for continuous improvement through creativity and flexibility.
Based in central Leeds, the post holder will also work proactively in the community with services users of the scheme
£21,962 - £24,174 dependent on experience
Hours of work:
Monday – Friday 9.30 – 5.30 and flexible approach to meet the needs of participants of the scheme. 37.5 hours per week excluding 30 minute unpaid break.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES/ DUTIES
- Work to the Targets and Key Performance Indicators for employment outcomes.
- Promote the scheme using a variety of engagement strategies with relevant stakeholders and assist with the identification and recruitment of eligible customers.
- Through personal assessment, diagnostics and vocational profiling, establish effective SMART action plans and optimum progression routes for customers.
- Manage a caseload of customers, be the single point of contact as well as mentor and coach, remove barriers to employment and support participants to achieve aspired outcomes.
- Provide a holistic, flexible employability programme, differentiated according to the specific needs of individuals and including activities such as money management, confidence building, personal development, digital inclusion, supported job search, CV building and interview techniques, arranging work experience placements.
- Regularly review participant progress using distance travelled measures and ensure action plans are reviewed and developed to support customers through to sustained employment.
- Work closely with other services to ensure customer needs are met, including areas such as substance misuse, safeguarding, housing, medical, recreational, educational, criminal justice and mental health
- Work to the standards, legislation and procedures set out ensuring compliance at all times, including deadlines for when programme evidence needs to be presented to funders and the maintenance of all records in accordance with European Funding regulations.
- Effectively, identify and maintain relationships with local employers that will unlock job and work experience opportunities.
- Record and maintain service user statistics/data/case notes
- Support customers and employers during work experience placements.
- Provide in-work post-employment support for customers and employers for 26 weeks.
- Work to Bridge’s policy and values in equality and diversity
- Participate in any training programme implemented by Bridge or its partner agencies as part of this employment, with such training to include:
- Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development
- Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work
This list of duties and responsibilities is by no means exhaustive, and the post holder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as required.
Experience and qualifications
- A relevant NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Experience of working in a case manager role with people experiencing significant barriers to progression
- Experience of working and meeting KPIs and targets in a performance driven environment
- Experience of setting up learning opportunities and bespoke programmes
- Experience of maintaining confidential records
Experience and qualifications
- IAG/AET/PTTLS qualification
- Previous experience of working in a similar employment coach role, Welfare to Work or other publically funded service
- Experience of supporting/ working with people who have barriers to employment
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to build rapport quickly and motivate people, question their assumptions and change their perception of employment
- Ability to find out about education training and employment opportunities and positively promote these ideas
- Ability to “cold call” and negotiate arrangements with potential employers
- Ability to, liaise and build positive working links with professionals from a variety of disciplines
- Strong administrative abilities, IT literate and numerate
- Ability to develop action plans that include breaking actions into smaller achievable tasks
- Ability to work independently and under pressure, prioritise, plan and manage own workload on a day-to-day basis, using effective time management skills
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing at all levels, with individuals, groups, organisations and the public
- Ability to provide a flexible and adaptable approach in order to develop and deliver services which are accessible and responsive to the needs of clients
- Ability to work as a member of a team
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of the range of education, training or employment opportunities in Bradford
- Knowledge and understanding of substance misuse issues
- Knowledge and understanding of the benefits system
- Knowledge and understanding of ESF funded projects
- Commitment to work within a recovery focused ethos
- Understanding of Equal Opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice
- Ability to reflect on and develop own practice
- Willingness to keep abreast of relevant professional developments and to undertake training for the post.
- The post-holder must adhere to Bridge Policies/Guidelines in force within the organisation.
- The post-holder is expected to be flexible with regards to working hours in order to meet the requirements of the post, including one evening per week and occasional weekend
- Willingness to work within a performance managed environment, complete monitoring forms and maintain records to ESF standards
- Willingness to undertake regular supervision and appraisal in line with Bridge policies and actively participate in own professional/personal development
- Conform to standards of dress, which reflects a professional service
If you are unable to apply online and require a paper application form please contact Vanessa Ross on 01274 723863. If applying with a hard copy please post to: HR Department, The Bridge Project, 35 Salem Street, Bradford, BD1 4QH quoting the job reference on the outside of the envelope.
Please note, most posts require a DBS Check at Enhanced Level, which EXTERNAL applicants will be required to pay for, unless they are subscribed to the DBS Electronic Update Service, in which case permission for Bridge to check the current status of a DBS certificate will be required. Please note that the current charge for a new DBS certificate is £44 plus an administration charge levied by our preferred provider of £9.50 + VAT. An online check Of DBS status using update service is free.