What we offer
This is a free and confidential service for people who use drugs, providing them with clean needles and equipment for smoking or injecting drugs, and information on the safe disposal of used equipment.
The service is professionally staffed and provides:
- Distribution of sterile equipment
- Distribution of foil
- Disposal of used injecting equipment
- Information and advice on injecting technique
- Information and advice on drug issues
- Testing for blood borne viruses such as Hepatitis and HIV
- Contraceptive advice and equipment
- Advice on drug treatment options and referral
- Access to legal, debt and housing advice
- Physical healthcare
- Equipment and information for steroid and other Performance and Image Enhancing Drugs users
- Advice on community pharmacy needle exchange
There is a wide range of equipment offered, including needles, syringes, spoons, citric, foil, water and swabs. We provide this on a pick and mix basis according to the individuals’ needs.