Title of post: Volunteer Mini Bus Driver
Service area and location: Primarily The Vault Recovery Café (30 Manningham Lane, Bradford) with some additional community based visits as needed.
Brief overview of the service:
Who Is It For
Adults aged 18 plus, living in the Bradford area who are accessing Bridge services.
What We Offer
Bridge’s mission is helping people with multiple needs, including those affected by drug and alcohol misuse, mental health conditions and offending issues achieve positive change. Our vision is to provide excellent, visibly innovative services that instil hope, inspire change and build recovery.
The Vault Food Offer
Working in partnership with Morrisons Supermarket, the Vault is able to turn surplus food into good quality, nutritious meals. Volunteers turn donated food into a range of meals that are provided to people attending the vault on the day, or distributed to staff working with the most vulnerable clients, in the most difficult circumstances.
The Vault Group Offer
Peers, volunteers and vault supporters deliver a range of groups to vault members. This can include cooking, life skills, check in’s, and sport related groups, often taking place at local venues.
Supporting the Vault Coordinator, the Volunteer will support the delivery of the food and group offer, by:-
- Collecting surplus food donations from Morrison’s Supermarket and bringing the donated food to the Vault to be turned into meals for vulnerable people in need
- Being a contact for Morrison’s, calling them to get details of the donations available that day
- Distributing food to other internal and external services if required
- Driving the bus for groups taking place in community venues, for example archery
Maintaining confidentiality regarding information relating to service users and staff.
Driving Licence Requirements:
- be aged 25 to 70.
- have a full driving licence with Category B (manual car)
- held the licence for at least the last 2 years
To view a full description of this volunteer position and person specification please click the link below: Volunteer Driver Role – January 2019
Closing date: We accept expressions of interest at any time
To apply or for more information please contact: Claire Percy, Volunteer, Peer Mentor and Training Coordinator on: 07552 180349 OR e-mail: [email protected]