What is The Lotus Project?
The Lotus Project is a specialist support service for anybody (18+) living in the Bradford Metropolitan District who is involved, or at risk of being involved in, sex work. Our team of high skilled support staff provide a wide range of confidential community outreach interventions, including:
- Assessment of needs and creation of an agreed support plan.
- Practical support and advocacy with rapid support for those in crisis.
- A specialist worker (ISVA/IDVA) providing one to one and group support for sex workers who have experienced sexual violence and/or domestic abuse.
- Benefits and finance support/advice.
- On-site washing and shower facilities, hot food, and drinks.
- On-site group programmes, drop in and social activities.
- Day and night-time street outreach.
- Home visits and in-reach visits for sauna and home-based sex workers.
- Advice and ongoing support to access
- Drug/ alcohol treatment options.
- Mental health support.
- Comprehensive health services and support.
- Legal, debt and housing advice and support.
- Needle exchange, condoms, and lubricant.
- Ways to get involved, through feedback and joint planning for the project.
- Monday 9.30am – 5.30pm
- Tuesday 10.30am – 8.00pm (street outreach until 8.00pm)
- Wednesday 9.30am – 5.30pm
- Thursday 9.30am – 5.30pm (street outreach until 11.00pm)
- Friday 9.30am – 4.00pm
People can self-refer to the Lotus Project and we accept referrals from a wide range of professional partners. Please call the team directly 01274 762180 or our main service number 01274 723863 or email email@example.com to make contact and find out more.
The service has its own entrance on 4 Hallfield Street, which is just around the corner from our main entrance at 35 Salem Street